Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

worn out the welcome....and more

This past week I opened my home to a family for the Summer Games. I don't know them well. My ma worked with the mother of the crew that was just here. I felt like a guest in my home. Every time they were here, they were either drinking, eating or showering. They took over my two couches by sprawling out on them while I had to either sit on the floor or the kitchen chair. I was always doing dishes, or sweeping the floor or bringing in furniture that they carried outside and on to my patio. They then proceeded to let the daughter eat and shower here. She had her own accommodations but didn't want to be there. They invited a brother to stay here as well. Lack of communication! If I had only known.....

Last week two people miffed me because of lack of communication on their part, could they not call? There is still the telephone, cell and snail mail besides email.

And it happened again....

I do know this....I will never, ever open my home up again. This particular family has made it impossible for me to ever want to do it again.

I also know that communication is vital. Without it, it causes hard feelings, doubt, and walls that were once down, up again.

I'm pissed off and know that certain things will be changing. I am sick and tired of trying to not only think of myself, but to think of others, but when others don't think of you too, then that's when my hackles get up. If you don't have any respect for me, then I will have no respect for you, and then you will have to prove yourself to me. It may not be the nicest of things to do, but a person can only have it happen so many times before they change.

You can't change others, you can only change yourself. I guess its what I will have to do....again.

No comments:

Ahhhh George