Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chuckwagon Races

Well, this is the weekend I work at the hell job ONLY because there is a freebie in it for me.

The freebie is that this weekend is the Chuck wagon Finals here in the Border Town. Lots of money is spent at the western wear store and because we work on commission, it means more money in my pocket. Not only that, but I have two tickets to tomorrow nights races and a free ticket to the cabaret on Saturday night. Not sure if you are familiar with them, but it is Sawyer Brown headlining and Legs promised to come in from the farm to take me on the dance floor for a two step.

There is a scad of us going and it is always a good time. This too marks the third year that I have been seeing Legs. So it is kinda special. He rescued me from a nasty drunk bothering me three years ago, I thanked him, went on my merry way and two weeks later he came to the hell job and asked me out for a drink....I turned him down, thanked him and told him I was flattered but he was just a youngster and I wasn't interested.....well three years later and we are still seeing each other and about to get this house building thing under way. SO...this is a memorable weekend.

I hope I am not disappointed.

2 comments:

Kyanite said...

I'd love to see this!
The only rodeo of any sorts I've seen was the one held in Wilma's hometown in the mid 1980's... very small!

Fairy Mae said...

I'll take my camera tonight and post some.

Ahhhh George