Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ABC Wednesday....D Round 3






D....the letter D is a given...it is for Dog.



I am a cat person, but this particular dog found me and has been mine ever since.


This particular dog is my baby. Her name is Effie. I love her with all my heart. I miss her terribly and everytime I see Aussies on T.V. tears start to well up in the corners of my eyes because I miss her so much.

I can't have her live with me because of this damn apartment living, that I why I am so hell bent on getting this house built with the better half.

She has been living with my mom for three years now. That is three years of her life that I have missed out on and I hate it.
When I do go home, she goes with me EVERYWHERE. In the car, to the barn, to town, up in the pasture and to bed with me. She gives me such joy and when I have to leave to go back to the Border Town it breaks my heart even more.

This little Australian Shepherd is thee smartest dog I have ever known. She talks, she fetches the ball, she plays frisbee, she herds the chickens and the goats, ok she tries to herd them! She guards me with her life. I love her with all my breath. She is my Effie Sue.

Other dogs that have affected me in many ways are our other farms dogs.

They are dependable, trustworthy and our friends.....and would protect mom to their dying day. Two of the dogs have passed on and we miss them dearly.


Baxter Black (passed on May 2008)


Maggie with Hooper (cat) (passed on July 2005)

Tammy with Rusty (cat)



Theo with Rusty (cat)

I am missing a picture of Mojo, who is deaf. She is a sweatheart and was Baxter and Maggies outdoor companion. Mojo has now become a part time outside dog, just like the rest of the crew! I have a picture of her on my other computer and will add her later today.
ABC Wednesday host: Denise

Mr.Linky

Here is our Mojo....a little sheltie.All of our dogs at the farm, mine included, are rescue dogs. They have either been dropped off at the gate or left for dead in the ditch. Tammy, for instance was dropped into the creek but survived. She came into our yard wet, with a bag tied around her neck....they are survivors...they are ours and we love them dearly.







12 comments:

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Great dog post.

AphotoAday said...

How cute...
I used to be a dog person (still am) until a neighbor moved out and left me with Kitty -- now she is the love of my life (tough luck ladies)...

Animals are much better people than people themselves...   I'm quite sure of that...

Best regards, Don.

Nydia said...

It's incredible how much these little ones can affect our ives... had a stray dog called Black when I was a kid and he was my passionate friend! Your baby girl is lovely, I'm sorry you can't have her with you - I wanted a doggy friend for Lucas, but our tiny apartment doesn't allow us as well... At least shes in good hands! Your other pawned friends were cuties too.

Sweet post!
Kisses from Nydia.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful looking dogs and a perfect "D"

Bear Naked said...

A beautiful post and photos for ABC Wednesday--D.

Bear((( )))

Jane Hards Photography said...

This confirmed dog lover loves this post.

Leslie: said...

I'm a dog lover, too. Wish I could have one but it isn't the right time right now. Hope you get to have Effie living with you soon.

Tom said...

As a dog person.. I don't think you can go wrong with this D post :O)

Kyanite said...

That's a terrific post.
As you've obviously guessed I'm a lover of dogs.
It must be awful not to have Effie with you. So go, go, go with that house build.

Blue
x

mrsnesbitt said...

Devotion...dogs to their owners. I am sure you give great homes to rescue dogs.

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

For a cat person, you have/had quite a few dogs and I can see that you love and appreciate them...I am also a cat person, BTW....so I understand. Thank you for sharing these special dogs on today's post.

Fairy Mae said...

Well, I am a cat person..I am one of those people who have tried to be a dog person, but the dogs do not like me. They always end up "being" with my mom. All but one and that is Effie. Its crazy.

Ahhhh George