Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ABC Wednesday Round 3....the letter E

The word starting with the letter E for me is Egg.




I like to eat eggs but they don't like me. I also like what comes out of them when they hatch too!
As you can see this hen decided to hatch her eggs in the twine bucket of all things! Once everybody was born, we moved them into a cage. Talk about gathering all your eggs in a basket!!


There are many different types of eggs and I have tried them all. There are quail eggs, goose eggs, duck eggs, chicken eggs and let's not forget, one of my favourites which does agree with me...caviar.

There are three colours of eggs. White, brown and yes, green, which are produced by a breed of chicken called Arcanas.
Which is this dude here. He is one of our many types of chickens that run around at the farm.
Eggs have many uses. Baking, cooking, throwing, using in games on horseback.....I could go on...
ABC host is: Mrs. Nesbitt
And let's not forget Mr. Linky
I sure do enjoy this!!!









8 comments:

Bear Naked said...

I love eggs but unfortunately my doctor has said to avoid eggs in the future.
Well he means egg yolks.
But what is an egg without the yolk.
Excellent E post for ABC Wednesday.

Bear((( )))

Leslie: said...

I love this post on eggs! Others posted photos of eggs, but yours is the only one - so far - that depicts it as a source of life! EXCELLENT job! :D

btw, I can't eat them either! :(

Suburbia said...

I did eggs too! Lovely photos:)

Columbo said...

Great photos and I enjoyed your E posting. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great photos and I love eggs

Kyanite said...

I thankfully can enjoy eating all eggs & do.
Discovered the Green shelled ones in Italy, here in the UK it's a nice brown one for me.

The chickens hatching took me back - as a child we kept hens & every year had a batch of little chicks. They were fun.

Hope your migraines gone.
Blue
x

Nydia said...

I love eggs too. Onether use for them: throwing one in the high grass to make thew sun come out again when it's raining too hard! LOL This is one of those popular culture things I used to do when a child... I never ate a green egg, only the regular white and brown ones!

Fun post!

Kisses from Nydia.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Lovely! Especially loved the last pic of a rather handsome critter!

Ahhhh George