Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm still alive

Tried to get killed on the way to work this morning.

I'm not in a great mood to begin with, after the last two hell weeks, but getting cut off when I am in the turning lane and it is literally my turn to turn, well that is just adding more fuel to the fire.

I honestly think that it should be mandatory for anyone over the age of 65 to have a driving test, a refresher course, of sorts.

This morning, I was on my way to work, grouchy, and I was waiting for the turning light, which finally arrived, only to be cut off and I mean I almost ran into him by about 2 feet! He looked at me like I was in the wrong....how dare me! He had the red light! Not me! I had the turning light! He just assumed that because the guy beside him was going, he should too! Paying no attention to the lights at all.

My ma, who is 67, knows that she is not the greatest driver anymore and admits it. My aunt is and feels the same, so they let us "younguns" drive. They get it! Grrrr....my karma better change soon cuz I have about had enough.....

3 comments:

Wilma said...

I'm glad you didn't get killed.

Did you have a flashback to Circle Drive?d

Fairy Mae said...

Hahahahahaha......not till now!!!

Kyanite said...

Glad you survived to drive another day.
I gave up my car last year, as no longer found any real pleasure in driving - other motorists just started to scare me, but then I don't need a car!

Ahhhh George