Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Strong winds


Since my divorce, I have grown in many ways. Being married at 19 and divorcing at 33 makes a person dependant on the other...which is not always a good thing!


I have learned how to pay my bills. I have had the strength to go to a movie on my own. I know that I can survive a thunderstorm alone. I am able to drive in an unknown city by myself and only get a little bit lost but still come out okay. I have found friends who like me for me and not because of my ex-husband's profession. I can stand up to people who are disrespectful to me and walk away knowing I did the right thing. I can live on my own and in my own place. I am accountable for all of my actions. I am aware of my selfishness, my controlling ways, my grudge-holding and my anger issues. I am able (for the most part) to keep it all in check. But, I am only human and every once in a while I slip.


A person goes through many things in their life, good and bad...


There are a few quotes that have made things a little better for me:

"If you love something, set it free,
If it comes back, it is yours,
If it doesn't it never was."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

and my personal favourite....
"You can't change others, you can only change yourself."


I am a little sad today, as I have read a new friends blog, and she is having trouble. I wish I could help take her trouble away. I hope she doesn't stop blogging completely and I hope she finds peace in what she is looking for. I know that there are many of her blogging friends who are in support of her and she can only decide for herself what to do. I do know that she inspires me everyday and I always enjoy and look forward in comments from her. Whatever her decision is, I support her and she will always be on my mind and in my heart.




1 comment:

Nydia said...

I'm so happy that you wrote this. It was for our common friend that I posted my ABC today. Shame on those who make other life's miserable just for the fun of it and for lack of a life with a reason. I still hope she will be back.

You walked through a long, challenging path after your divorce, and with strong steps! Must really be proud of yourself!

Kisses from Nydia.

Ahhhh George