Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Holidays

Well a teary eyed Stifler's Mom came home today from her holidays! I was in her shoes about a year ago and understand full well what she is going through....

She hasn't quite accepted the fact that she is truly on her own. That there is no one to come home to, that if anything were to happen, like car trouble, or a trip to the hospital, she would be alone. I have accepted that. I used to put the pedal to the metal when I would go home to the farm....now I put the pedal to the metal to come back to my little abode. It may not be much, but it is mine. I have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can make it without the help of anyone. Granted, I have Legs but in essence we are not living together and we are not married and he is still an hour away if something should happen and the biggie...I have not asked him to help me financially.

Stifler's Mom isn't quite there. She was happy to see me as I told her to come for supper which she was thankful for. She just moved here so it is to be expected that she isn't quite settled and to be honest I am glad I can be here for her because no one was here for me when I was going through that phase....and it truly is a phase. She thinks of the what if rather than the what can be. It will take time but she will get there. I have every confidence in her. She is smart and stubborn....and a survivor.

No comments:

Ahhhh George