Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, August 11, 2008

While they were here

I have to get something off my chest.

Something that I saw and was mortified while watching. So bad, that I had to turn and walk away.

Last week when I had the "guests" staying with me. The husband and the wife went out on to my balcony. It was a nice morning and I was walking by...now my place is NOT very big, so 2 steps and I have walked by. I heard wife say to husband, "get the nailclippers", they are outside. I guess I am ok with that. Not something I would yell outside nor would do outside with people coming and going, watching me. Husband gets the nailclippers for wife.


Wife says....give me your hands......wife clips husbands nails.....I'm kinda thinkin, can't this guy do this himself. He is 50, able bodied, in good shape. THEN she says...."gimme you foot"! WHAT?!

Did she say gimme your foot?

Holy hell Batman! She took off his shoes and socks and clipped his toe nails!!!! SHE CLIPPED HIS TOE NAILS!!!! I could not believe it.


Now.....I have seen the aids in nursing homes do this for the residents. I have seen my grama do this for my grapa, cuz he was blind and they were both in their late 80's. And I am guessing there are many people who do this for their loved ones, (I don' personally do Legs' nails or toe nails)....but in their OWN HOME!! How many people do you know that have clipped the nails, be it fingers, or toes at a guest house. In public, not in the bathroom, not in the bedroom, but at a guests place. People you don't even know that well.

I almost threw up. Needless to say, after the clipping was done, I immediately ran for the broom and swept the balcony. I thought it was disgusting. I thought it could have been done somewhere else. I thought it could have been done before they left their home, for crying out loud. Gross.

There..its is off my chest.
Sorry I had to put you through that, but I just had to. It wasn't enough that I ranted to my ma about it. It is now on your mind too.


3 comments:

Kyanite said...

YUK, yuk!

Now, I had to do my late mother finger & toe nails in her latter years out of necessity, but in her bedroom, when we were alone.
There is nothing as strange as folks!

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

I've clipped my nails in public before - never thought of it as an offensive act though.

Fairy Mae said...

Yes, but did your better half do it for you and did you do it in someone elses house.

Ahhhh George