Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

where to start....2

Where were we, ahhhhh yes, the gut feeling......

So I nicely get home and change into my happy clothes and there is a knock at the door. It is my cute little neighbour, Cowboy. So, I asked Cowboy to come in, I offer him stew. No to stew, so he sits on the couch and we start talking about the gong show house Legs and I are trying to get built. He says he is a journeyman carpenter and would love to take on the house project. He would get the guys together and help us!!! Woohoo! Best news I have heard! Legs calls and says he is 5 minutes outta town and will be at the little abode shortly. Cowboy stays and Legs walks in. The two have a swell conversation and I start to clean up the kitchen. Cowboy looks at the clock and says he has to hit the hay. Fine. He leaves and Legs and I settle in to watch 3:10 to Yuma.

11:45 pm the fire alarms go off. WTF?! I stick my nose out the door just to see two guys grab fire extinguishers!! HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! FFFFIRE!!!!!!!

I slammed the door shut, told Legs there is a fire down the hall, he jumps up, grabs his keys and pulls on his jeans (he was in shorts), I don't like looking at his pasty white legs so I guess he thinks others won't want to either. I am in shorts and a tank top! Anyway, he grabs the keys and grabs three pictures for me. One is a painting my grama did and the other two are portraits of my great grandparents...you know, the ones in the bubble frames....I proceed to grab Gigi (the hampster) and throw her in her mobile bubble, then I throw her in a beach bag, grab my purse, both sets of keys and.....a plant! A PLANT!??! What was I thinking!?? A plant?

We got outside and there was about 20 of us at our end of the building. The police arrive, the fire trucks arrive, the fire marshal arrives and I am carrying a plant! Great grab! Legs throws down his tailgate and starts pouring the drinks. Cowboy was outside in his shorts and cowboy boots! Quite a site. (I thought Legs was pasty white!!) Poor buggar. Legs gave him a blanket to wrap up in. All in all, we were outside just shy of an hour. There had been so much rain that the roof leaked into a light socket and shorted causing the light fixtures in the hallway to catch fire.

I am guessing that was my gut feeling.....all day, the gut feeling. I don't think I am going to ignore it anymore.

The date: August 5th, 2008
7am: got up and showered. Got dressed.
8:30am: Went to the Insurance Agent, good ole SGI, and got myself a tentants pack.

The emergency made me think of all my possessions. There are valuables that I have, that if I lost I would be heartbroken, but....I was pretty proud of myself to grab Gigi, and.....a plant! I think that's pretty funny! Not sure how long it will take to live this one down!

No comments:

Ahhhh George