Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random thoughts

I don't have any kids nor do I see any in the future. I does kinda bug me though, when people tell me that I don't know what responsibility is until I have a kid. That I would do anything in the world for them, I would die for them, I would protect them until my dying day. And I know I would, if I had any....

Well, the same goes for my horses and dog.. I would die for them. Unlike a child that leaves home at the age of 18, an animal doesn't do that. They are with you unil they pass away. I have two elderly horses, that are over 20 and have had them since yearlings. I am now caring for the aged. They have different feed, they have to be brought in at night, I have to make sure their teeth are good. They must have a healthy, shiny coat. That they are keeping weight on.

They too, depend on me as I depend on them. They help me through thick and thin. They are there when I am happy, sad, or mad. They can't tell me when they hurt, or are pining for another horse.

It is intuition, just like mothers or fathers have for their children. They know when you are going away for a few days. They are ecstatic when you return. You have to arrange for sitters. There is a schedule to follow, which I might add would be helpful for those who don't have one for their kids! Eventhough...I don't have kids....I have been told that it is good to have structure, starting with a schedule...awww, now I am being sarcastic...

I can't stand it when someone says that I don't know what its like to have responsibility of looking after others....well, my animals may not be others in the human sense, but they are others.

ok, I feel better now.



3 comments:

Kyanite said...

Well said.

Bruno Rocco said...

Very Well Said

At least those of us who have chosen not to spawn kiddlets don't raise wild beasts and let them loose on their own when they hit a certain age. Unlike many parents who give birth to a child and then don't actually raise them just let them become a burden on society stealing, raping, vandalizing . Hmm I bet some parents are real Proud.

Nydia said...

You're so right. I have a kid, you know, but I never thought that taking care of a loved animal brings less responsibility to someone's life. It's different, but the sense of fear when something goes wrong, and of happiness, when everything is ok are the same, I think. Tsk, ignore what bothers you like this, it's not important.

Kisses from Nydia.

Ahhhh George