Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Beautiful dayz

Last night was one of the nicest evenings I have had in a long time.

I am out at the farm this week, looking after my four legged kids and the dog.
My three year old, Katie, plays tag. Now, its probably not the best thing I can teach a 900 pound horse to do, but she only does it with me, and we have fun. It can be a little scary for someone to see a horse coming at you, but she puts the brakes on in time to touch me with her nose, I give her a cookie, and it starts all over again. I definately got my exercise last night.

I opened all the little corrals for them to nose around in and to eat all the lovely green grass before it gets too cold and turns brown. They are all getting quite fuzzy, which means the cold wind is close at hand.

My "old man", Bosley stuck fairly close to me last night and was readily available for any hug I may have had and wanted to give. He can read me like a book. I have had him since he was a yearling, he is now 22. It amazes me how attached I am to him. I have had so many others that have touched my heart but Bosley is special.

The leaves on the trees are turning colour and falling everywhere. The little dog (Penny) who now resides at the farm loves to jump up at the falling leaves. She loves barking at the squirrels who knatter away in the tall evergreen trees.

It was truly a lovely evening last night and I am hoping that tonight will be the same.

1 comment:

Kyanite said...

You painted a lovely picture.

Ahhhh George