Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, September 22, 2008

One week later...

Well, I am afraid that I am not organized enough this Monday to have an odd shot. I do have a few but today is not the day.

I am back though from a week at Ma's on the farm. We got alot of things done this past week.

I arrived early evening last Tuesday. I drove up to the lane, opened the gate, and drove through only to be greeted by the dogs, the horses and the llama. Once I got to the house, I carted all my luggage, veggies, and coolers into the house, had a bite to eat then hit the sack.

Wednesday was a very long day. The trainer came to pick up a 6 year old gelding to start training on and it took us about 6 hours to try to load him. We had him loaded once but when it came time to unload the "bait" horse (that was patiently waiting in the trailer all that time), the other horse stepped back and literally fell out, SO he was scared to try it again and it got dark on us about 8pm and we had to caller quits.

Thursday morning the trainer arrived and we thought it would be a very long day again, but he lead the horse to the open trailer and the horse walked right in! That was short and sweet. We then proceeded to go to the trainiers house, unload the horse and start right in with the training.

We do resistance free training here, all stress free. So once the round penning starts and if thats an easy go, the rest should follow, and it did.

Friday morning my cousin and I hit for the big city. I was slated to do a bit part in a tv series that is aired on the History Channel. I showed up for filming in the slotted time, did my thing and then promptly hit back to the farm.

Saturday morning, mom and I headed out bright and early to go pick and stack bales....which took all day and well into the evening. We stacked the last straw bale about 8pm, then headed into town to my cousin's place to sort recipies that my grama had and doled out to all the family members. We gathered them up and we are starting to compile a recipie book in her honour. That took till about 10pm. Mom and I by then, were pooped pee pickers and could no longer discuss the book planning. Hell, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open to drive back to the farm!

Sunday morning, we headed over to the trainers again to see how our little gelding was making out. He was learning lots and came along way from Thursday when we finally hauled him over.

Sunday late morning I said my good byes and headed back to Border Town. Just me and Gigi the hampster. I once again, had to leave my beloved dog Effie, with my Ma.

It is now Monday and the week starts all over again.....Odd shot Monday will have to wait. I am swamped at work today and tomorrow I am on another course.

2 comments:

Nydia said...

Wow, seems like you had busy days!!! I hope you make the mousse, it's really easy and so yummy it hurts.

Kisses from Nydia.

PS: Loved the pussycat joke!

Kyanite said...

Welcome back!
You've certainly had a busy time away, and then having to say goodbye to you pup @ the end of the stay - arrh!

Take care
Blue

Ahhhh George