Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

ABC Wednesday...Round 3...Letter G


Ahhhh the letter G!


G is for Garlic...

Not only does it ward of Vampires but it is delicious in any dish. You can use it in curry, stir fry, any type of meat, bread, veggies.... and you can take it daily as it helps your body fight off many things...yes G is for Garlic.



Here is a great recipie for Brushetta!! A real favourite of mine.

Ingredients:

1.5 lbs ripe juicy tomatoes slices crusty Italian bread, cut 1/2 in. thickgarlic clove minced1-2 T capers, rinsed1/4 c loosely packed fresh oregano or fresh basilS&P1/3 c extra virgin olive oil


Directions:

Bring medium sauce pan of water to a boil. Cut a cross at the root end of the tomatoes and drop them into boiling water. Cook until skin of tomates begins to split, 1-2 min. Transfer tomatoes to bowl of iced water. Peel and seed tomatoes, then roughly chop. Place in strainer over bowl for 20-30 min. Brush bread lightly with olive oil and place over hot grill or under broiler until golden on each side. Put tomatoes, garlic, capers, and oregano or basil in bowl. Season with s & p. Add oil and mix. Spoon tomato mixture over each bread slice....YUMMY!!!


another favourite is Guacamole

In a bowl:

Mush up an avacado

fry about 3 strips of bacon until crisp and save the fat, then break up bacon and add fat and all to the bowl of mushed avacado then add

garlic (minced)

"epicure" spice: chili lime (about 1tsp)

and mix together. Then add 1 squeezed key lime and mix again....it is delish!!!


Garlic's health benefits and medicinal properties have long been known. Garlic has long been considered a herbal "wonder drug", with a reputation in folklore for preventing everything from the common cold and flu to the Plague! It has been used extensively in herbal medicine. Raw garlic is used by some to treat the symptoms of acne and there is some evidence that it can assist in managing high cholesterol levels. It can even be effective as a natural mosquito repellent.


ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise(Mrs Nesbitt), inspired by Blue

and let's not forget Mr. Linky

7 comments:

Fairy Mae said...

Hey D - I hope I linked everything ok. I was feeling like I should try it. Not sure if I did it right though...F

Nydia said...

You linked everything right! :)

Oh I also love garlic, sometimes I only add it to my daily meals for seasoning. I love its scent - fortunately my hubby loves it as well, or kissing would be a problem! LOL
Yumm... I have other versions of these recipes, from Nigella's tv show, Brushetta is a must!

Great post for the ABC!

Kisses from Nydia.

Bear Naked said...

Great post and Good tasting recipe.

Bear((( )))

Leslie: said...

I LOVE roasted garlic. Good thing I sleep alone....lol

gaz said...

i love brushetta...
nice post.
enjoy your week...

Kyanite said...

Garlic - yes, bring it on.
I use it extensively along with lots of onions.
Brushetta's a fav of mine but minus the capers for me.

TY for the link but, I only inspired you to particpate in ABC so shouldn't really be included here.
But when you post re Fav. Things later today, credit me as much as you like.

Blue
x

Blue

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Garlic! What a great G!

Thanks for the recipes, too. That was a GREAT idea!

Ahhhh George