Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ABC Wednseday Round 3.....H


The letter H is of course, also one of my favourite things...Horse.....ok, you all had to know I was going to do it!! I mean really, why would I disppoint?!


Napoleon had one.


Custer had one.


The Nez Perce Indians had them...and I have them....


A horse of course!



Horse and Rider

The prairie blows the grasses

And whips the horse’s mane.

They travel, horse and rider,

Through the sea of amber grain.

Hills roll by, and clouds pass

But steady are the horse’s hooves

Upon the wind blown grass

As they travel, horse and rider

There is no trail that they follow

No path that can be seen

There they travel, horse and rider

Upon the endless blowing green


Horse Poet
There are many, many breeds of horses and all have very special characteristics.
Appaloosas have a "hiden" gait called the Appaloosa shuffle, which is a cross between a lope (canter for all you English riders out there) and a jog (again a trot for the English rider). It is unique to watch.
Missouri Fox Trotters also have a fascinating gait. It isnt quite a trot and its not quite a walk but man, is it smooth and it is ground covering.
Horses are very sensitive to the emotions of others. They are perceptive of all things great and small. You are the predator and they are the prey...they know when to run! They all have personalities....they can be happy, sad, moody, stubborn. Just like us.
Horses come in all shapes and sizes and all colours.
Oh, and H is also for "Holy Hell!" which I say alot!!!
Holy Hell is normally said when things either frustate me or take me off guard. Holy Hell is also used when a driver on the road does something not very bright. Like sit infront of a green light while texting someone and others behind are honking for them to go. Its kind of funny to watch but also not very smart....and not to mention dangerous. That is another blog!
I could go on....but I won't.
ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise(Mrs Nesbitt), and let's not forget Mr. Linky





5 comments:

Bear Naked said...

Thank you for the Horse photo, Horse poetry and the Horse Information on ABC Wednesday letter H.

Bear((( )))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of horses.

My post for H (hair) is over at Canon Pixels

Suburbia said...

Beautiful horse picture :)

Kyanite said...

The horses I kinda expected, the Holly Hell not - it's more refined than my version!

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful picture matched with such an appropriate poem.
Thanks so much,
Dxx

Ahhhh George