Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Jinxd

OMG!!!! Did I ever, EVER jinx myself!!!

You know how I had such a wonderful day....well, that clearly has gone to hell in a hand basket!!! I have missed a few days of blogging because:

The very next day, the cows got out!!! YES, the friggin' cows.....I am afraid of cows!! SO, there is this crazy woman out in the middle of the hay field where the cows ARE NOT supposed to be, shaking a friggin' bucket with oats in it calling, "Come on girls", "come on".... I da know 75 maybe, but seemes like thousands, came for me....now I am 37 and not in great shape, but when there is a herd of cows comin' at you.....you RUN!.....so I ran back to the truck, hopped in and started driving. Thank heaven they are used to me! They all came in. I delivered the oats into the manger and every one was happy. Now to go find the hole where they got out of!


I am farm sitting...I have no idea where the hammers are, where the wire is, where the staples are. Once I found everything, it was dark. Well I guess the cows are gonna have to stay in the pen tonight and will fix the fence tomorrow.

I go up to the house....there is no DOG!!!! What the hell?!? I call and calll and call....no dog. I phone the neighbour. Ya, he saw her earlier that morning at his house! I ask why he didn't load her up and bring her back and tie her up, his answer was that he was busy.....if you know the damn animal is not supposed to be there, tie her up and call whoever she belongs to, if you know where she came from. SO, let's re-cap!

The cows got out and the dog is gone....sounds like a country song to me!


That was Tuesday.

Wednesday, still no dog and I have to go to a two day 1st aid course. The dog and the fence will have to be put on hold til the end of the day.

Wednesday night, I get home and still no dog. I take all fencing supplies....still never found the wire, but something close to it and went fence fixing. The hole the cows busted through was big! So, into the bush I go, and was it a hot day! I worked on it till nightfall. I am afraid of the dark, so I call it quits....and head in. The fence is fixed, the cows, I let out, but still no dog.

Thursday morning....the dog is on the doorstep! Holy hell! I couldn't believe it! She was immediately tied up, the cows were still in the fence. Things are looking up! Off I go to the second day of 1st Aid.

Thursday night, I get home, give horses oats and the second youngest tangles with a porcupine! She has quills in her bottom lip!!! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

I pulled about 5 out and she wouldn't let me touch her anymore.

Now, we are at Friday morning....which is today!

The dog is home, the cows are in and this moring Legs, came out bitching and complaining that he had to help me pull the other three remaining quills. SO....needless to say. The quills are out and I have given EVERYONE a stern talking to!

I can't wait to see what happens on the weekend....

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I may have kicked the dog for good measure....don't you hate when they run off like that and cause unneeded stress? Our Rusty is a runner so he has to be carried from the house to the dog yard and back. He just can't be trusted. I would have been mad at the cows, too, for not staying put. What a lot of responsibility you took on!

Ahhhh George