Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Abc Wednesday...Round 3....the letter N



The letter N this week eh?




Well I have chosen Nostalgia...why, because there is a performer who is coming here in January and it is Tommy Hunter. He brings back fond childhood memories for me...ones that I wish I could do all over again.




I grew up on television. It was my babysitter.


The Tommy Hunter Show along with The Lawrence Welk Show and Carol Burnett were family shows, where even my grama, grapa and mom would sit down after a busy farm Sunday and relax.




Nostaglia: I have fond memories of my grapa and I dancing to The Tommy Hunter Show and Lawrence Welk. I would dress up in a "fancy gown", it was actually this gawdy, all coloured dress. It had the best twirling action though...I loved it. I would twirl in circles and the "gown" would billow out. I would dance with grapa, which included the polka and waltz.




Nostalgia: Being with my grapa. I wish I could be there again.




ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise(Mrs Nesbitt), and let's not forget Mr. Linky

7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely "N" post. Fun to have these nostalgia moments. Very nice share.

dianasfaria.com said...

these sound like wonderful memories!
Nostalgia is good!

Bear Naked said...

Oh my gosh!
It has been years since I have thought about the Tommy Hunter show.
Do you remember Stompin' Tom Connors?
NOSTALGIA-- a perfect idea for the letter N on ABC Wednesday.

Bear((( )))

ChrissyM said...

Sounds like wonderful memories.

photowannabe said...

Very touching memories. I'm sorry I have never heard of Tommy Hunter. He looks like a gentlman.

Gayle said...

I remember Welk and Burnett...I miss those shows. What a good time it was. The bubbles and all.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Isnt that wonderful?!! I've never heard of Tommy Hunter but I love the image of you dancing with gramps!

(I do remember Lawrence Welk, though!)

Ahhhh George