Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ranting

The weekend of the 31st will be a fun one as well. It is the Saskatchewan side of the showcases I saw in Red Deer, Alberta.

The nice thing about this one is that it is in Saskatchewan, where I don't have to constantly hear how great Albertans are.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are some really nice people in Alberta, but I am sick TO DEATH of hearing how Saskatchewan people are of below intelligence...according to a few Albertans....well alot of them really...I have pondered this alot, as to why they feel the need to disrespect we the people of Saskatchewan and the only thing I can come up with is that they are jealous of what we have here in this province. That they have to bring others down to make themselves feel better...I guess. But after awhile, I get slightly irritated, constanly hearing the negatives come from their mouths about how crappy Saskatchewan is....and quite franly I am getting a little tired of it!

2 comments:

Wilma said...

The part that always sickens me is the most vocal disrespectful people are more often than not Saskatchewanians who have moved to Alberta - usually several years ago - that have not only forgotten how fab it is here, but haven't experienced the new revitalization of our province.

Those who denigrate still haven't learned that making us sound bad doesn't necessarilly make them sound good.

Mick & Cathy said...

Its very common everywhere in the world to slag off our closest neighbours, happens here in the UK.

Come to think of it them Red Rose Lancastrians are inferior to us White Rose Yorkies, lol.

Ahhhh George