Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ABC Wednesday Round 3....the letter M

M is for Moosomin, Saskatchewan.

Moosomin is my home town.

The Town of Moosomin is a community of 2,500 people on the southeastern edge of Saskatchewan, approximately 230 km East of Regina and situated on the #1 Highway. We are a growing community noted for our pleasant residential neighbourhoods. Moosomin is surrounded by rich farmland, oil, gas and potash mining industries which help make our economy vibrant.

Moosomin was the first Saskatchewan community on "steel", with the arrival of the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1882. First known as "siding No. 4" and the Moosomin Station" early businesses were established and by 1884 the community had grown to include five general stores, five hotels, two livery stables, two blacksmiths, a doctor, a lawyer, butcher, one printer, amongst other businesses. Moosomin was incorporated as a Town in November, 1887, R. D. McNaughton was the first merchant to arrive in Moosomin. He founded the R. D. McNaughton Company, a general store operation that played a vital role in early settlement.

It's a great town for a family to raise the kids in. Everyone knows everyone and they all know what your doing!!!

ABC Wednesday is hosted by Denise(Mrs Nesbitt), and let's not forget Mr. Linky

1 comment:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

Hi there!

Sorry!
Late getting here.
But, last week, I had a serious blog crisis, got so upset & up-tight that I removed my blog Kyanite.

I thought, I'd you email addy but must have dreamt that; but as we connected as friends, please email me @ HeadgirlDJC@aol.com
Or, if you'd prefer talk to Wilma.

Love
Blue

Ahhhh George