Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

at my wits end

I am at work today because we are having three comedians performing. The boss is sick so I said I would come in to work. I actually injested one of my shakey pills before I came. Why?

Well, I am working with three people tonight that I know DO NOT like me.

I know this, because one wigged out on me, and the other two told one of the other Front of House Managers(there are 3 employed), who just happens to be a good friend of mine.

I just now came in from getting the hospitality room prepped and have my office door open, the the other main office door open because I am travelling back and forth AND I am office management. I am in my domain.

The stage manager just walked through here, having "checked up" on me to see what I was doing, which is none of his business as he should be no where near the office and should be on the stage doing "stagey" things. He immediately closed my office door, and the main office door......HELLO!!!!....I am in here!! WTF?!

I am in a tizzy, I have the jidders, my shakey pill is not working. I am anxious, and nervous, and am pissed off.

My review comes up this next week and am scared to death to tell the boss because these three people, I feel, have him wrapped around his little finger, not only that but the boss doesn't like confrontation, so any time I have mentioned that these lovely people intimidate the hell out of me, I am the one who is told that this is and egomania business and that I will encounter all kinds of people and I MUST get along. WELL, I have yet to encounter an unprofessional performer, manager, or crew. It is only within my work place that the problem lies.

When I saw that I was working with these three, my heart sunk. I try to get along with everyone. I don't like confrontation either. But when I know that these people don't like me and I have NEVER given them reson not to, really hurts me and pisses me off at the same time.

Oh, did I mention why they don't like me?

The reason was because I help out too much. I will, if I have time, get required tables out for the Front of House Manager. I will, help out in concession, the merch table, or the box office. I never knew a person could be disliked for doing their job. Who knew? I never knew anyone who didn't want a helping hand?

Oh, and if they only knew that is in my job description.....maybe I should email it all to them!

1 comment:

Kyanite said...

People!
There's a old English saying ... "There's nawt [nothing] as strange as folk"
It's so true.

Hugs
Blue

Ahhhh George