Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Show in Border Town, Saskatchewan

The Gun Show was this weekend in the Border Town.

Yup! All the rednecks at this end of the world graced us with their presence. Kinda scary when you think about it. All the hillbillies and rednecks, future murderers and hold-em-up kinda people were here gathering in this one spot for the weekend. AAAhhhhhh! RUN, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Now, don't get me wrong. There are some really nice folk out there who enjoy guns, and such. If it's your thing, great. It's just not mine. It would be like them having to go to a Barbie Collectibles Show. They wouldn't like it I'm sure, but I would.

I'm just saying that there is real potential for something to go very wrong if the crap hit the fan...HOWEVER, if something were to do down at a place like that, there would be alot of people armed and dangerous pointing a weapon at the bad guy. I mean would you want to look down the barrel of a trillion guns pointed at you? I guess it would be the same if someone dropped Barbie and stomped on her infront of everyone....It would be bad.

Yup, Legs went...to the Gun Show...just clarifiying! He called to see if I wanted to go...my answer was "No thanks". He was in a predicament. If he didn't call to say he was going he would have been in trouble, so at least he called. Right? Right. I told him to have a good time. He did. He bought a couple of guns.

He and his dad have an outfitters business near "the end of the world", Saskatchewan. I will never, ever go there because it is close to where I used to live. A place where I was chased home not once but twice. A hellish place that no white, blonde girl should ever EVER live...and if anyone wants to challenge me on this, well, let's just say I'll win. It was HELL! A scary frickin' hell. Anyway, he bought these guns to take with them next time they go up.

Legs was happy for going and I was happy for not!

4 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Luckily we don't have legal guns here although a few illegal but most of the idiots just stab each other in the no go areas.

Anonymous said...

Everyone has a gun in my "neck" of the woods. I guess it is a necessity when you live in the middle of nowhere. Somehow, it makes me feel a little safer.....although, I would never want to go to the actual Gun Show:/

Bubbles said...

For me, I'd sooner have a gun to protect myself if need be.....honestly officier, I don't hardly PSM anymore....lol

Fairy Mae said...

Ya, bein' a farmer, you need a gun...and I'm ok with that...but a gun show just doesn't do it for me.

Ahhhh George