Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Waking up in the dark

For me the dark is a terrible thing. I hate the dark. It scares the crappers outta me.

Thankfully, Bronco Bruno gave me a nightlite for Christmas and it is plugged in to my hallway. Its a pretty neat little contraption. It dims when not in use. It has a sensor on it and it brightens when you get closer to it. I really like it! Thank you!!

I am scared of the dark for a few reasons. Mainly because for me, I have heard and seen things that literally "go bump in the night", and now need a light to help me through the night. When I am with someone or others in the house, then I am ok. Just when I am by myself is when the light comes in handy.

The other reason for being scared of the dark is because one early winter morning, I was to go into the horse shed to turn on the feedlot light. I thought there was a horse in the shed with me but I knew the rustling noises being made in the corner were faster movements then that of a horse....it wasn't a horse. I heard a low growl and something take off in to the other corner...I quickly flipped the outside light on and bolted out of there with a coyote fast on my heels. He went one way and I went the other screaming bloody blue murder...my mom thought it was pretty funny and laughed her a$$ off at the whole situation. I find it a little funny now, but not hysterics like she thought it was....ya, I'm not fond of the dark.

The dark has unusual shadows and stranger then normal noises.

The dark is one place I do not like to be.

The dark is a very scary place to be when you are alone and just know something is gonna go down when the little hairs on the back of your neck stand up and the dogs hackles go up and she starts barking at an object or down the hallway for no apparent reason....and things move or drop, and no one is there.

I hate the dark.

4 comments:

Roan said...

I don't like the dark and I've never had things move about for no reason, well not at home anyway.

Roan said...

Oh, I'm here from Wilma's blog.

Queen of Halloween said...

What's there in the dark is probably there in the light...;o...:)...QoH

Fairy Mae said...

Thanks Queenie! I needed that!

Ahhhh George