Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, January 05, 2009

OOOOHHHHKAY

Well, First of all...

Happy New Year to all of my Bloggie friends!

I hope Santa was good to you all.

Once I hit the farm I didn't get a chance to get on the computer.

Where to begin...

December 20th, 21st, and 22nd...
Well those days I worked at the hell job. It was really, really busy and I was rushed off my feet. Now that I have desk job, then switching to running my ass off, well, I earned every penny those few days...the commission check should be a healthy one!

December 23rd...
I ran around getting all the odds and ends I needed to prepare for Christmas. I was uptown for most of the day, not necessarily shopping but standing in lines seemed to take forever. I did manage to get the little apartment shovelled out and prepped for all the company for the 25th....yes I know it was two days ahead, but I needed it.

December 24th...
Christmas Eve day....I went out to the farm to see Grace and Wilmer, give them their presents and then went out to see my four-legged kids. They were all happy eating hay and pooping.

Christmas Eve itself was alittle overwhelming. Our family celebrates Christmas Eve.
We all gather at the cousins place, have a gigantic supper, open presents, go to church, come back in time to see Santa and his deer leave in the front window while Uncle Danny is out on the back porch brining in the gifts left for us. Its fun to see the little kids (and the big ones) watch out the front window at an imaginary friend. We then open up the Santa gifts and then proceed to play board games til after midnight....
I however, was at home in self pity, bawling cuz I wasn't at home....it was pathetic! I tried to call but missed them...off to church they were...

December 25th...
I food prepped for the guests that were to be coming. It was killing me that I still hadn't opened a present. I had to wait for Legs and he wasn't coming in til 5.

Food was prepped, Legs came in at 5, we opened presents...I did quite well! 6 came, 6:30 came and out of the 8 people I invited and had confirmations on only 2 showed up. I had food everywhere! I was not impressed and needless to say those who did not show now know just what my opinion was being stood up!

Our company was great...they staying until 1am and home they went and I crashed...

December 26th...
Legs and I were invited to his sisters for supper. Her attendence was great! I drank too much and ate lots. She got a margarita maker for Christmas, yup...they tasted yummy!

December 27th till yesterday I went home to the Malo Rancho place with Legs.
Our New Year was rung in with my school friends.

We had supper gatherings with close friends and family.

Legs enjoyed himself as did I.
We hauled bales for mommy and I was able to spend time with my doggie.

I am however, glad to be back at work, glad to be back at home and all is calm.

No comments:

Ahhhh George