Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas Party


Sooooo, tonight is our work Christmas Party. This year it is being catered....if its being catered why do I still have to set tables, wash dishes,....wait a minute....I'M CATERING!!


WTH?! This clip I found is dated 1924...some things NEVER change!


This year...was supposed to be easier on the boss and myself...but so far I have yet to see the upside.


Supper is at 7...I have to be here at 6.


I will eventually have the dishes of 30 people later on this evening.....I think I will put my hours down.


There is no point in dressing for the occasion as I will be in the green room later up to my elbow in suds. There is no point in dressing up because I will also be pouring the wine and opening the beer cans. There is no point in dressing up at all. In fact I really don't even want to go.


I remember blogging about this last year and it turned out to be quite fun.


Two out of the three people I hate will be there and am already stressing about it. What stresses me even more is that Legs is coming (he didn't last year) and I know that if either of those two people step out of line with me, he will be on them like white on rice!


But this is the Year of Me! I will be demanding more staff help in the green room when I have to go to do dishes....and that's a fact!

1 comment:

Big Hair Envy said...

Oh, honey! Even if you ARE catering the party, I think you should throw on a sexy dress with some comfy low heels and a strand of pearls. At some point, there will be an opportunity to take off that apron:)

When I host a dinner party, I always want them to leave saying, "She looked great tonight"!! Who cares if my feet hurt the next day - it's worth it!!!

Thanks for stopping by my site. It's nice to "meet" you;)

Ahhhh George