Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Memories of Tommy and Grapa



Last night I met someone who I never ever thought as a child, would ever meet as an adult.

As a child, I would look so forward to having him come on the telly after supper, so I could put on my dancing dress and dance with my grapa to the music while grama sat, did her crochet and watched us and the t.v.

The Tommy Hunter Show was a favourite and after supper, we would watch and dance.

The Lawrence Welk Show was another real favourite of mine. Grapa couldn't sit at all. I wouldn't let him. He taught me how to polka, and waltz.

It was pleasure and pain for me last night. And as I sit here now, the tears come down and are hard to stop.

The pleasure of dancing with my grapa and the pain of him no longer here.

I do know that Grapa was here with me last night. It was a magical night for me and not one I will soon forget.












1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

Never heard of him but a nice photo of you.

Ahhhh George