Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Play


The play rehearsals have started and are now in full swing. In community theatre, I find, and I have been involved with community theatre for years....eons...that you get people of all kinds. I mean, personalities, that you wonder just where have they been hiding all this time? Community Theatre involves people, ordinary everyday people with a love for the stage or some aspects of it.

The cast for this play is phenominal.

I see heart, and dedication, and I see them trying their best to perfect the English accent. I see history on the Baskerville Story being read up on and history on the year it was done.

This is the reason I love Community Theatre over Professional. To the Community Theatre People its a passion that never tires. Since I started working at this performing arts centre, I have seen many professionals paste their smile(s) on, with Community Theatre, its genuine.....thats why Community Theatre is so important. It brings people who would have never crossed paths before together under one roof to pull off a phenominal production. It brings working people together to share the same passion with one focus. It brings strangers together to help each other out on performance night when I line is missed. It strengthens the Community as a whole.

To me, that's Community.

To me, that's Theatre!

No comments:

Ahhhh George