Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Itchy

I wanna have a party. I am feeling blah. I feel the need to entertain, now I know that is leaving it wide open for half wit comments but I want to just do something with friends.

Many moons ago, Millertime and I hosted many a party. Sometimes an all out drunk fest...well, on his part while I wined and dined the guests, but I really enjoyed that. I especially loved hosting dinner parties. I would make about a 5-6 course meal with a lovely dessert to follow and everyone would go home full and happy.

I guess its because I love to cook, maybe thats it. I love cooking for people and seeing them full and content. I would start preparations about two days before the soiree and plan the menu about a week to two weeks ahead of time, plan the party guest list and go from there. Sometimes it would be an outdoor bbq, sometimes a quonset party, sometimes a dinner party. Whatever the case, I enjoyed planning it and seeing it through.

I used to work for a catering company many moons ago and it was awesome. I also worked at a tea house as well, making home made soups, breads and all the fillings in between.

Im hoping that once Buster and I get moved in and settled, that once again, I will be able to start cooking like I used to. Not the party type stuff so much, but just cooking in general.

Cooking for one is no fun.

I guess we'll see what happens....

No comments:

Ahhhh George