Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Christmas

My Christmas experience this year was a good one.

I spend from the 22-26th with Buster and his family.
I have never experienced so much Ukranian food in my life and was. it. good!

I was a little nervous going into this meet the family thing, after all, Buster has only ever met my mom, let alone the rest of the family, he has however, met Wilma and Bruno and they have given me a thumbs up and they are about as close to family as they can get in my books....but still I was nervous.

I was welcomed though with open arms and soon warmed up to Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sister, Mom, Dad, Cousins, In-Laws, kids....you name it, I was broke in. They also discovered that I can play a mean crib game! I love crib...and am not fussy about food choices! Yes, I do like to eat and try new things.

From there I went home from the Dec. 27-January 3rd. I needed to go to the Doctor. I was racking up various ailments, but was waiting til I got home and hoped I stayed together long enough to get there to see him....I unravelled at the Doc's office and was told that I still needed to be on my happy pills and that I had an ulcer, a sinus infection and a torn rotator cuff...WTF? What did I do to get that...I have no idea....but anyway...

I managed to get well enough to go out on the 31st. I headed to Spy Hill with my cousin and a best friend to see the cousins husband play drums in a band for a girl who won the star search contest for the local radio station. It was a great time.

The week at the farm was good, we managed to winterize the barn, bring home the main herd of horses to start feeding hay to, and we attended a few house parties.

I came home on the 3rd, welcoming the thought of work. Now, things are back to normal including my eating habits...although there is Mexico in a few weeks...

Hmmmmm

No comments:

Ahhhh George