Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's that saying again??

So, I went to a pretty good meeting this morning on social networking for the job. My 'temp' boss came with me as she likes this stuff too. I am the one who puts together all media advertising, social networking, you name it, if it has to be advertised, I am the one.

We watched today a video that was on UTube. Now, we have been playing with that idea for some time now, do we do a "commercial" persay, do we do a "taping" of a play rehearsal, do we do an "out takes" of funny stuff that happens here....anyway, my temp boss is also on the board of directors as well as a few others. One other board member also attended this meeting as well. After we saw this little video, he stood up and motioned to my boss that, that was something we would have to do, and that she would be the one to get it done.

What am I chopped liver? My temp boss leaned over and said to me, yes we will have to get on this and my response was...I didn't hear my name mentioned!!

I thought is was funny.

She didn't.

We got back to work and since I am directing the play for the Gala in March, and the perfectionist that I am, I want things to start getting in order. My actors are learning their lines quite nicely and now I want to incorporate the music, sound and lighting....I smell sabotage in the works.

One of the people that I hate just so happens to be in Vancouver doing lights for some of the shows for the Olympics ( We'll never hear the end of this!), I say the father away the better. He will just be getting back from there when my show really gets tight....and really, I don't want him anywhere near my set, my actors or me! But such is life.... He, in Vancouver has instructed all of the back stage crew to NOT help me. For them not to touch the lights, not to touch the sound board, not to help me with anything...how can one person have such a strong hold on others? Well, really I just got out of relationship like that so I understand, but my thing is, is if he's not here...how will he know?

I don't want this show to be some half wit, concoction. I want it to be professional, snazzy and I want people to talk about it and in a good way.

This guy really picks my a$$.

Now, I am waiting for the Artist in Residence and another woman to show up and we will be hitting the cafetieria in the college to see what we can do for the decorations. I would like the cafeteria to have an eerie, dark Englich Pub feel for the pre-gala event. I have piped in an 8 minute song from The Shining to be played down there and right before the curtain goe up. I am really getting excited about this, now if I just had some help from the tech end all would be well....

Ahhh, for tomorrow's events!!!

No comments:

Ahhhh George