Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Speaking of...

Speaking of personal bubbles....

I am not a huggy person, I am not an affectionate person. I was just brought up that way. My family is not huggy, my family will not out and out tell you they love you. You just know they do.

My mom, now that she is older is starting to get a little more huggy, I find this awkward. Now, I know she is my mom but it just is awkward. My grandfather, when he got older he too, started to hug. My grama...ahhh, not so much. She didn't hug. She did my hair instead. She would braid it, pony tail it, cut it, pin curl it...the list goes on.

I don't like close talkers. I don't like people standing to close. I have a hard time in crowded places. I don't like huggers. Lots of people don't understand that. It is not personal. Don't be offended. Its just the way I am. Sometimes I feel bad. I try to break the cycle but I always revert back.

It's something I must work on.

2 comments:

Kyanite said...

Now, I am a hugger I guess I do show affection to my loves & close friends easily but no crowds for me.
I find nothing lonlier than being in a huge group of people.

Fairy Mae said...

That's interesting...I mean, the alone thing...being an only child, it doesnt bother me being alone. Which brings me to why I won't go any restaurant or that type of thing alone. Hmmmm...must ponder this subject even more...good point!

Ahhhh George