Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Birthday

Today is always a little sad for me.


Today is my dad's birthday.


As much as I say I hate him for leaving us, there is a part of me that would have loved to have known him.


He left when I was only a few months old. My mom never did find him to divorce him properly...if there is a way to do that!!


She had to put an add in the newspaper publically announcing their divorce and if anyone knew of his where abouts they had or should step forward. It took seven years to close the books on that.


Yup, my dad's birthday is today. I often wonder if I have other family out there.

This is just my opinion but I often thought that people who were adopted had it easy with regards to finding their birth parents because of all the records left behind. They had a wee bit of closure. They could ask why.


Not my dad, he never left one scrap of paper behind. Cleaned up everything. Pretty smart. A slick son-of-a gun. I don't get that right to ask questions.



Happy birthday dad!


2 comments:

Kyanite said...

A very interesting post - I knew my father & wish I hadn't - the only good thing he did for me was give me my link to Canada via cousins. I have family in Sask, thats how I come to know Wilma in real life.

Fairy Mae said...

Ahhh Saskatchewan Roots!! Cool. Ya know of all the places a person can live, there is no way I would live in any place but good ole' Saskatchewan. The people are great and the wide open space is wonderful.

Ahhhh George