Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hancock

I am the type of person who NEVER goes anywhere by myself. I don't eat in a resturant by myself, nor do I go to an event by myself, or to the bar, or to a dance by myself.

I was told the other day by my boss who does do things on his own to try it. It is the only way of self discovery. So....I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to the movie....Not just any movie but to Hancock on Tightwad Tuesday and Tuesdays are packed!

I got back from the beach with Stifler's Mom about 8:30pm and was not ready to settle in for the night. I really wanted to see that particular movie and decided to go.

I drove up to the theater and parked in the lot and just sat there...was I doing the right thing? Can I do this at all? I thought I have to do this, so I gathered my things, locked the car and went inside. I was about 20 minutes early so I could bolt if need be....

I bought my ticket and stood in line. The ticket taker barked "Hancock number 4 is open", I thought I should go in right away so I wouldn't chicken out.

I went in and sat down and I was the ONLY one in there for about 15 minutes. Then 4 women walked in, then 2 teenage boys. The 4 women were about two rows up and across from me and they sounded like they were having a heck of a time. All of a sudden I heard "hey lady...come join us". I looked back and laughed. I got up and went over and sat with them. 4 of the funniest and nicest people I have met in a long time. By then 2 more people came in ......a total of 9.

This can't be. 9 people for a Will Smith movie....your shitting me! The movie starts at 25 past 9 and it is now 20 to 10. What the hell?

All of a sudden the masses came flooding through the door. There was a patron who had a seizure and they had to call the EMS to assist.

The masses sat down and the movie began.

Hancock is very funny. I really enjoyed Jason Bateman. It is really nice to see him acting again. Charlize Theron...one of my favourite actresses in the world, (besides Cate Blanchett) was in it and of course Will Smith. It was really good. There was a huge twist in it and when it happened we, the masses, all gasped and started to laugh. For those who have not seen it....I won't tell. It was really good and I am happy to have gone.

All in all, the lone movie experience was a good one. I enjoyed the company I was with, enjoyed the movie and I do believe that I will venture out on my own again.

Dark Knight....here I come!!!

1 comment:

Nydia said...

Hello again. I justmet yuour blog and here I am thrusting my nose whereI'm not called upon... But since you posted, I feel free to talk. I just want to congratulate you for this step. Imagine the many things you can do by yourself when and if you want to repeat this adventure. It's good starting to find comfortable enough with yourself to enjoy this special company. I haven't seen this movie yet,it must be fun,I love Will Smith!

Ahhhh George