Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Untitled

I had a moment last night and I didn't like it one bit, not one bit.

Ma Kettle is at my Uncles wedding this week and normally she calls me every night to see what was up for the day or to tell me about hers.

I never got the call last night and I started to cry. Why you ask? Well, it hit me that Grama used to call to us every night and both mom and I miss that. Grama is here no more. Well, mom is 67 and is in fair condition but I know she won't be here forever and it is the phone call that I missed.

Once she is gone, I will be alone.

I guess thats one reason why I don't have kids. I could not just have one. It would either be all or nothing. I hate being an only child. No dad, no grandparents, just my mom and I.

Now, I know there are gonna be people who say, "well you have Legs." But that is not the same.

It is not the same at all.

I dread the day that no more phone calls come. It may sound silly but I have a message manager on my phone and if mom leaves a generic message, I hang on to it. I treasure it because I know there will be a day that the calls will come no more.

1 comment:

Kyanite said...

That's a post thats brought tears to my eyes.
I'm an only too, I lost my mother of cancer just under three years ago - I miss her terribly.
I've no close family now, just the distant cousins I previously mentioned farming near Dodge Sask.

I think saving your phone messages is lovely - what I'd give to hear my own mothers voice again...

Ahhhh George