Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Favourite Things Thursday...

It is that time of the week for Favourite things Thursday.


One of them are horses. I am passionate about horses. I have been with horses since the age of three. I broke many to ride, I have trained them too. Now that I am older...I get someone else to do just the basics...only 30 days...then I get on and finish them off. I like to be able to see what they are good for. Barrels, pleasure, trail, reining. I love getting on their backs and seeing how each thinks. Are they quick thinkers or do they need to think things through a little more before going on to something else. They all have different personalities just like you and I. It amazes me.

I think horses are magnificent. I love the smell of them. I love the way they will nuzzle you all over. I love everything about them.


I am my happiest out in the pasture with my four-legged friends.

My best friend in the horse world is Bosley. He is 22. He is a sorrel Appaloosa gelding with snowflakes on his rump. He has been with me for more than half my life. When I think about him he makes me smile and cry at the same time.

Smile because he and I have been through it all. Horse shows, where we clean up the winnings in showmanship, equitation, pleasure and reining. Funerals where I have been sad and he cheers me up, weddings, trail rides, my divorce, he has always been there. He has the patience of Job. He stands there and waits til I am done hugging him. He comes to me when he sees me headed for him.

Cry because he is 22. He won't be with me that much longer so I have retired him. He is looking pretty in the pasture and every once in awhile we still go for a ride but his arthritis does act up some days so he gets comfy in a blanket and stays inside for the day.

I do have other horse friends like Bonnie and Ice, Katie and many others. They too, will come and stand with me. They are social animals and like to be with you. Once they know that you are not a predator they will stick to you like glue. They can sense when you are nervous, scared, angry, happy and sad. I could get into more details but that's another day.


Horses are definately without a doubt, one of my favourite things.




3 comments:

Kyanite said...

That is a wonderful post.
I can feel the love you have for your horses, especially dear Bosley.
I've have little to do personally with horses myself, just admire them from a far as fine animals.
We have mounted police in the city; saw two riding out today.
TY for playing again & linking to me.
Best wishes
Blue

Nydia said...

I have some similarities with horses... Sounds weird, right? But we don't get along with stairs,we love apples, we run fast, we are easily frightened, and Rhiannon is a Goddess that I love. You have a beautiful story with Bosley, so I'm sure that when time comes for him to leave, a lot of him will stay in you.

Lovely FT post.

Kisses from Nydia, Brazil.

Dragonstar said...

That's a lovely post. I agree with you about the smell of horses - so friendly!

Thanks for your nice visit to mine.

Ahhhh George