Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pet Peeves + 100

100!!!! This is my 100th blog! I'm impressed that I have kept it up that long. I really am impressed...now if could just be this faithful with my dieting!!! Hmmmmm....


One of my biggest pet peeves is being reprimanded by someone or seeing someone being reprimanded infront of people. Save it for a closed door session.

There are many reasons why I hate it:
  • It is VERY unprofessional on the part of the person who is giving hell
  • It makes that person getting hell feel like an 8 year old
  • It is embarrassing for that person getting hell.
  • It makes the people around you uncomfortable
  • It makes the person giving it to you look like an ass (and they probably are)
  • I think it makes the person giving hell to someone look like he/she has little man syndrome (and they probably do)

Which is exactly what happened to me last night...and this is not the first time this has happened and it ends today. I decided to tell the boss about itbecause he asked how the performance went last night. Now our tech and light dudes are nothing but bullies and they bully two of us all the time and I am tired of it. I decied to tell the boss and he flies of the handle at me, telling me I have to learn to put "egos" aside. This has nothing to do with egos....nothing, it has to do with respect and communication. I can kiss anyone's ass in this entertainment business. I know how to kiss up to people and how to stroke their ego. But I sure as hell am not doing it to staff! No way! WTF!

So from now on, I am not gonna say anything to anyone, if the boss wants to know anything he can ask the cry babies, I am clamming up. But....heaven help them when I do get asked and you can bet, the crap they give to me, I most certainly will be giving right back to them!!

FYI: What I find astonishing is that these two men are over 50!!! That's right, over 50!

No comments:

Ahhhh George