Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Yes Man

Its just easier to say yes.

I can't be bothered to fight, argue or try to make a point. I usually just say yes and fume inside.

Yesterday, we had an "emergency" marketing meeting. There are a couple of shows that are lacking in ticket sales.

First of all, it is February. People are still cleaning up from Christmas bills and those that are not, are in Mexico or somewhere hot...

Secondly, I can only do so much free advertising on shows. It drives me! I was grilled about all the places I do free advertising. All that were suggested, I said yes to.

Thirdly, if they think they can do a better job, then go for it. I'm not stopping them.

I think what really puts me in a twist are the people who are doing the suggesting. These people who are telling me where I should be going are the ones who are house wives, who's husbands pull in hundreds of thousands of dollars, while they go to the gym for the morning, or go to the spa for the morning, or get their nails done in the morning, then in the afternoons, they go shopping, then pick up the kids from school. Full bloody day for them doing dick all.

They are spewing the suggestions...well, I say...go, go. You do it. You're driving by there anyway, on your way to get your hair done.

One woman who's on the Foundation committee asked me if I could go around to one of the sponsor places to get a wine list for the upcoming Gala that is being held here. I asked her why she couldn't do it. SHE goes to the gym every morning. I asked her if she goes all morning? She said yes!

My eyes nearly popped out of my head. So, I said yes. Its just easlier sometimes.

If your gonna do a job right the first time, just do it yourself.... and take the credit!

No comments:

Ahhhh George