Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I forgive

Just read a little story by BJ Roan.

Made me think about the last time I saw a loved one before they passed.

I was there for my grama's passing. I'll never forget it. Asking her to ask grapa for forgive me for not being there for his passing and her saying she will. Telling her that I loved her and her whipsering it back to me. Hearing "the death rattle". The last breath. It was truly a moment.

I wasn't there for my grapa's passing. I have a hard time forgiving my family for not telling me sooner. All the surrounding events that happened before the hospital and especially while he was in the hospital. All my family members being able to talk to him and be with him, all but me. Ok, I forgive, but not ever forget.

I don't remember much of grapa's funeral.

I remember grama's funeral.

ok...I forgive.

1 comment:

Roan said...

This is a moving piece. I wish I could have been here for my mom. I had a good life in Texas, but missed so much by not living near my family. Thank you for the link.

Ahhhh George