Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Last Straw


It finally happened....I went off the deep end last night. I cried and cried and cried and no matter what poor Legs tried to do to offer help, it couldn't be done. I cried so hard that I was literally gasping for breath. I just couldn't get enough air in my lungs and was at the point that it didn't matter. I didn't care if I took another breath, which scared the hell out of Legs. He has never seen me do this...ever! I have been feeling for the last two weeks or so that things are starting to slip...mentally, now I know some will say that I have already hit that mark, but I was so low last night that I just didn't care anymore. I have been there in that state once and it's happening again.


I always try to stay optimistic but sometimes that person needs a boost too.


I am a giver and my family are takers and I had an eye opener last week but last night knocked me off the mark. I could not take any more and after I hung up with my mother, I "lost it" and wanted to stay lost until I drew my last breath....but, it is not my time and my ticker kept ticking. I think the last time I was disappointed like this was when my grandfather died and the family didn't want me to make a scene in the hospital so, I was the last to know that he was not coming home. He passed away with everyone in the room saying their good-byes but me. I was the closest to him, that man was my everything. I still have not forgiven my family on that decision to this day.


I have been diagnosed with a nerve disorder and have to be on meds to keep it on an even keel, but when I really get rattled, I can't control my "shakes". Last night was a night that I was truly out of control. Poor Legs... I can handle the meds for the physical part of me that is breaking down but the mental part is more than I can handle. It's just one more thing...I hate always thinking....I can never stop.


Since my divorce I have learned to budget, never had to do that before, hell I paid my first bill at the age of 34! I think I am doing fairly well, I send money home to pay for things that I still have there, I have given money to my cousin, who is like a sister, and I have given money to my uncle, who is like a dad and I alway give money to my mother for other things to help her out. This time , me the giver, needs some help from the takers and they are not giving to the giver. I am hurt, disappointed, and angry.


My breakdown last night, was a reality check for me and it hit me hard. I will no more help them out. Not ever.


My close friends know the struggles that I have with my family with regards to this subject and let me tell you my dear friends....Fairy Mae has seen the light! It was a hard hit, but I now know just where I stand with them.


I'm done.

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Oh Sweetie. Call me anytime.

Bruno Rocco said...

If you need to talk I'm here I hope you know that.------- It is official we need another bathroom party so we can break another family heirloom, that always brings on some laughs especially when we have to dig glass out of the toilet. You will make it just take deep deep breaths.

Fairy Mae said...

HAHAHAHAHA...I briefly forgot about fishin in the toilet!!

Ahhhh George