Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Gala


Today is prep day for the Gala tomorrow night. I am in charge of the hospitality for the 11 performers coming. I have the crock pot ready for the hot soup, I have the fresh towels laid out in the dressing room and I have the food on order to pick up tomorrow morning at 9am.


Tomorrow is also decorating day for the college atrium. There will be quite a few of us there, so I am thinking there will be too many cooks in the kitchen...if you get my drift. There are big plans, such as a chocolate water fountain, an actual running fountain that will be set behind the bartenders while they serve us our Soul Mantinis. Oh, did I mention it was The Official Blues Brothers Revival....no John Belushi will not be here, neither will Dan Aykroyd but there will be two reasonable facsimiles here to replace them. You would not believe the calls we have received about John and Dan.....JOHN IS DEAD!!!! My heavens!!!! No pun intended!!


I will be here at the crack of dawn, til the wee hours of the night...with the exception of me running home to change, do my hair/makeup, grab Legs, Stifler's Mom and another friend..... and back I will be! Somedays I think I should get a cot!


There are so many things to think about, I don't want to think about it!


I am heading home early today, to...well, I am not sure why I have to go home early today? I'm not going to go to bed. I may have a drink, but I am not ready to go to bed!


My speech is ready, so I must rehearse infront of the mirror tonight, and maybe try to hit the stage in the morning for a trial run. I am not hopeful though, I hate public speaking!
As Scarlett or Carol Burnett (I feel more like Carol) would say .....after all...tomorrow is another day!


No comments:

Ahhhh George