Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hot seat again...


I don't know how, I don't know when, I don't know why, I only know that once again I am in the hot seat.

I used to work at a western wear store here in the Border City. I then got the full time job where I am now and was asked by the screw loose manager of the western wear store to resign and if they needed help in the new year, they would let me know. WELL, I got a call last Friday at 2pm to see if I could bail them out for 5pm that afternoon/evening shift. I said sure I would. Then I was asked to work the next day as well. Luckily I had no performances to work so I said I would. WELL....

Since I worked there last week, the assistant manager is now being hauled in by the district manager and the manager for hiring me back. (I really think I intimidate the both of them, that is why they have such a hard-on about me coming in to work.) Now let me just say that the district manager, (who is all of 24) used to work for the manager as a grunt. The grunt got promoted to district manager and is now good friends with the manager. Everybody still with me????


It is so silly. Oh, and did I mention that the district manager is a good friend of my better half, Legs!

Talk about a gong show.

Well, I guess I will wait to see if I still have a job at the western wear store and I am curious to know if the assistant manager will put up with the bullshit or quit. The nice thing about the Border City is that jobs here are a dime a dozen. The city is getting so big with businesses that there are not enough people to fill positions. Hell, Home Depot just opened and they are crying for workers!

Anyone out there in cyberspace that is looking for a job, come to the Border City, you will have no problem getting one!

1 comment:

velvis said...

A person tries to do someone else a favour (in this case filling in at the last minute) and this is the thanks the person gets--bullshit totall bull ca ca.

Ahhhh George