Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Exercising...


I went out to the farm this weekend. I miss the farm so much. I miss the animals, the peace and quiet AND exercise!!! I mean for instance, this weight bet that I am in with Wilma and Bruno, well, I have to exercise. I HATE going to the gym or to exercise!! Period!! To me, it is a great waste of time. You walk on the tread and go nowhere! You pump iron and for what? People look at each other, there eyes darting left and right. There is etiquette and protocol. Whatever!!


Now, if you are at the farm, you are exercising and don't even know it. If you walk from the house to the barn which is several hundred feet from each other, you are exercising. If you pick up a 5 gallon pail of chop, water, or oats and walk with it from the grain bin to the feeders, you are exercising and lifting weights! PLUS you have a ton of clothing on which is also hard to maneuver in. You are bending under wire. You are climbing to get over the gate! Pitching hay over the fence. Kicking straw around for the cows to lay in. Who needs kick boxing class!! I lost 2 pounds over the weekend and am toning up. It's great.


So who says the gym is the place to be! You wanna lose weight? Go to the closest farm or ranch. I don't know of one farmer or rancher that would turn down farm help! They may be crazy but they ain't stupid!!


Course, I may be a little biased being a farm girl and all!!

No comments:

Ahhhh George