Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Itchin'


Today, I am dressed in spring/summer clothes along with the whole open toe shoe thing as well. I am ready for it to be warmer. No more cold wind, no more dark clouds that look like snow. I'm happy to hear people say that those dark clouds look like rain!


Now that I have my first "ride" under my belt, I am ready, I am itchin to go. I called up ma kettle last night and we discussed the "old Crony weekend" on May long. So, I agreed to come home for May long to go riding for 4 days. Yup, 4 days of nothin but roughin it in the bush on camp coffee, dirty buns filled with whatever sandwich meat we can find, stuffed in a saddle bag on horseback. Ahhhh, heaven! The smell of horse sweat, mixed with fly repellent, well, it can't get much better than that, well, maybe once the camp fire gets started a cold beer will be in order!


Every May long weekend (well I have missed a few due to being in LA with Wilma and Bruno) ma kettle and I and our neighbour friend hook up with a bunch of ma's friends (60+ years) and we rough it for the weekend. They (the old cronnies), bring the Young un's (thats the 40- years) and we are the ones who have to get on and off the nags to open and close all gates or hoist up a rider or two back onto their trusty steeds! It is a fabulous weekend, The days are spent riding and rekindling old friendships and the nights are filled with laughter, cowboy poetry and stories.


I am really looking forward to it. It's been awhile.

No comments:

Ahhhh George