Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Staff Christmas Party con't....

I had a phone call from Stifler's Mom last night. She has just moved here to the big Border City. I told her when she first moved here, don't be too quick to make friends, they will come to you in time. Now, what does she do? She goes and gets herself into a wee bit of trouble. She is working with a girl who has a roommate. HE likes Stifler's Mom. HE bought her two George Strait tickets plus a weekend in Vegas! Stifler's Mom called me last night and was freaking out because she doesn't even know this guy, yet has two tickets and a weekend in Vegas. She said to me..."Fairy Mae help me find a nice man!" Now, you have to understand that the men out here are like 4 to 1. Lots of them, but real creepers! I am not a snob, or at least don't think I am but I have standards. The people that I look for in friendship have to have the following:
1) a JOB! A good job, a steady income. No riggers please!
2) all of their teeth!
3) be able to dress themselves and not live in those blue coveralls
4) have a sense of humour, no assholes please!
5) Clean hair, short preferrably

There are probably a few more stipulations but those are the main ones.

So, I told Stifler's Mom to come with me to the Gala...surely there is a network there!
This really all ties in with the staff party...yes it does! The staff party is made of the people who work with me and people who are on the board (who we answer to.) Some of the board members are, well, different. I am not calling anyone anything, I'm just saying that, well, it's gonna be different. Only wine drinkers here if you will. So, it should be interesting tonight. It should be interesting at the Gala too.
People are people, there are just different classes. I'm not sure where I fit, but I do like to people watch, so interaction with others at the Staff Party and at the Gala will be...interesting! My point...I'm not sure what my point is but this has always stuck with me...my mom told me "tell me who your friends are, and I'll tell you what you are." She also told me when we go to restaurants to "eat your meat, that's what your paying for." Good ol' mom!

No comments:

Ahhhh George