Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

One for me!

As I mentioned in a previous blog about getting no respect...well, I did something and am very proud of myself! I stayed calm. Showed no emotion. Talked in a calm voice and walked away. No confrontation!

The other day was Legs' birthday and I must mention he too was one I was getting no respect from, so I snapped!

As I was saying the other night was Legs' birthday. I was nicely home from work when he walked thru the door. I wished him happy birthday and asked him if he wanted to go out for supper then a movie. He mentioned that he was tired but was open to anything....he "didn't care."

Now, I have to interject here and say that he wishes that I wouldn't take things to heart so much and to try not to let things get to me.....that I shouldn't "care" so much. Something so typical of him to say....so I called him on it. (I have since decided to try a "not give a shit" attitude.) I casually mentioned that I didn't care...afterall, it wasn't MY birthday.

Legs looked at me funny and asked me what was wrong. I just patted him on the shoulder and told him to be careful what he wishes for, he may just get it.

That was two days ago.


Last night he called me on the cell and told me he was going to have a drink or two with a friend he had not seen in a longtime. He would be home for supper but it would be later. I was thankful for the call and told him I would see him later and don't be late. To me, late is 9:30 if you start drinking at 5:30 and it's a work night. Call me old fashioned....

At 7pm Stifler's Mom called me and asked if I wanted to go play pool with her and some of her co-workers. It's 7pm. Supper is cold. I have not heard from Legs and I am not gonna call him to tell him where I was going but rather, leave a note. I got home at 9pm and there was still no sign of Legs. He could have called earlier, like 7pm and let me know that he was enjoying himself and that he was truly going to be late and not to wait with supper and..... not to worry, or he could have asked if I wanted to join them, afterall, this friend he was seeing was a mutal friend of ours!

To hell with it...I'm going to play pool. To hell with supper! He is on his own!

9:30pm....Legs walks thru the door. I am on the couch. He walks over and sits right next to me. He asks if I am mad. I say no, and continue to look at the t.v. He didn't like that too much. He asked what was wrong and I calmly said.."nothing" and smiled.

I got up and walked into the kitchen and he followed. He grabbed my arm and spun me around and asked again what was wrong. I looked him in the eye and told him..."you got your wish!" Make your own damn supper.

I always think to myself..... You can't change others you can only change your self.

What I am doing may not be the best for me but I think until he sees that by not giving someone who you are supposed to love respect, then why give it back?

Friday night I am planning on going to the bar with a bunch of girlfriends to see a band play who is having their CD debut.

Legs said to me that him and his friend Jesus are looking forward to coming. Now, I have never asked him fo come. He is not a girl! A taste of his own medicine should do the trick. I told him he wasn't invited! I didn't get an invite to his little soiree, what makes him think he can come to mine?

He stood there stupefied....

Ahhh, as the stomach turns.......

No comments:

Ahhhh George