Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Chopped liver?

What am I?

Why is it that people seem to feel it is their right to give me no respect?

I have arranged my work day to go on a lunch date. I am ready to go, I wait....5 minutes, 10 minutes.... 15 minutes have gone by. I phone and get a voice mail! I am not impressed. I still sit and wait. I don't want to leave the phone in case my "date" calls. This has been happening alot to me lately and its not just the lunch date chic, but it is others. It's family, co-workers, cashiers... I am really getting tired of it. So I will ponder....

Is it because these people are not hooked up to sasktel/telus and can't call you?
Is it because these people are so busy in their life that they can't see a clock and time got away on them?
Is it because these people are enroute and know it is not good to use the phone while driving?
Is it because these people see a brand on my forehead which reads "sucker?"
Is it because these people have done it to me before and I have not put my foot down?
Is it because these people know that it's just Fairy Mae and she'll understand.

I think I will chose the second last and last "ponder" statements. I often wonder what these people would do if I ever did say to them what was really going on in my head.

Like..."listen you stoopid son-of-a-bitch...." blah-blah-blah. I'm sure their jaws would drop!

I guess my point is this: You can only get respect if you give it and if you can' t get the respect from others then to hell with them. They are doing this because they can. I have allowed them to do so. I was brought up to be nice to people, especially your elders! But, I am getting up in age and therefore to some people I am an elder...so what gives?! I am gonna take a stand! I am gonna call my "late date" and tell her...she has stood me up for the last time. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Aaaah, we all know it's not gonna happen.....

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Stand up for yourself & give 'em hell!

Bruno Rocco said...

I agree Let em Have it Right in the Kisser

Ahhhh George