Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, March 01, 2010

What would your mother say....

I still can't believe that drama that went on Saturday night.

I had to work Saturday night because a very well known Canadian singer and his band were going to be here with proceeds going to a AAA Bantams Girls Hockey Team.

I arrived at 4pm and the band was to come in at 5:30.

Now, I can handle most things, but then after I have had enough, I start to get rude.

The band was to go on at 7:30pm. They wanted the cheque first and refused to go on until then. The girls hockey team played a game that night and the man who booked this lovely band was their head coach AND at the game. We had to track him down and he physically had to give them the cheque.....strike 1.

There were two groupie girls with them who felt the need to light up in the NON SMOKING ANYTHING room. Our stage manager went back stage and told them to butt out. Take the weed outside please...strike 2!

During intermission they had to be told yet again, take the weed outside to smoke....and where are and why are there bottlecaps littered everywhere back stage...do they know what a garbage can is for?...strike 3!

Well, after intermission was over, the house went back in and the audience waited in the dark for about 15 minutes....why?....Oh because Mr. Man had to finish smoking his "cigarette".

So while everyone was waiting in the dark for Mr. Smoke man to finish...the bottle caps continued to breed....everywhere you looked there was more!

After the show, my boss and I decided to go "clean" the green room. The relax room. The room was a mess....what was happening was Mr. Smoke man would open a bottle of beer, pop off the lid and let it fall where it may. That held true with the chips, the salsa, the fruit...they were pigs! The man and his band are pot heads and drunks. Needless to say, this is the last time they will perform for us.

While we were trying to clean it up, they milled around in the room....were they ever going to leave? They have hotel rooms....finally I had enough and my parting words to them were "ok guys, I love you dearly, but get out!"

What would Mr. Man's mom say if she knew this is how her son carried on? What would she say if she knew that this is how he does things?

He performed here about 4 years ago and from what our back stage crew said was that from then to now...he is a very different person.

I am very disappointed in the fact that I really liked this guys music. I enjoyed singing his song infront of a crowd at the "Back to You" pilot. I cranked the volume knob on the radio when he came on, but he and his band have ruined it for me.

Now, all I can think about are a bunch of primadonna's and their groupies, booze and drugs. Now, all I can think about is having to wait on this guy to finish his weed before he would go on leaving 500 plus people in the dark wondering where he was. Now, all I can think about is standing there by the table where he was signing autographs for happy people who think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and all he and his band are, are stoners. That they have to perform on stage under the influence.

Ya, Jim Morrison and all those guys did it too...they are dead.


This is the third time I have been disappointed by a performer from what I have seen going on back stage.

I know there will be more.

No comments:

Ahhhh George