Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Getting closer

It echos in the apartment now.

As I was unpacking the kitchenware in Buster's place, our place, I ran across many things that I have missed. When I was in the apartment, I never did any baking or real great cooking. I just did the basics. Kraft dinner and sausages and so forth. No roasts, or not many that's for sure. I ran across my cheese cake forms, my muffin tins, my pan that I use only for roasting garlic in.

In my mind it brought back all these great smells that were a comfort to me years ago. I am hoping that I can find them again in the real kitchen. Not just in my mind anymore.

All the comfort smells that grama made in the kitchen, like home made chocolate cake with chocolate mint icing. Auntie Tyna's Chocolate Cookies, my Mom's roasted chicken with stuffing, potatoes and sour cream gravy. My turtle cake with choclate gnache. The great barb-q season!

It's going to be a new start with Buster, one that I am looking forward to. He is kind, funny, considerate (well, most of the time)! He makes me laugh. For once in a long, long, long time I am I am looking forward to what the future brings with the three of us.

It has been the first time in many years since I haven't felt like fleeing, felt like I should just disappear and make sure no one finds me.

I have found my smile again.

I have great friends, a great job and a great partner...and a pretty good family as well.

I think I'll stay for awhile.

No comments:

Ahhhh George