Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Scrooging at work

I feel a rant coming on!

There are two things that I am not fond of and that is dance season and school xmas concert season. These two times bring out the best in parents.

Its always that one parent that is a nightmare which makes me lump them all together as "get your shit together parents".

One parent last night was pissed off because she couldnt get a seat. 548 seats in this venue and you cant get your shit together enough to get your butt over here to stand in line and wait. Your kid got here on time? Oh, you have to work....lets see, most bosses will let off early to get your kid on time to these things....excuse after excuse and then the verbal abuse starts...when did it become ok to verbally abuse anyone, anywhere? WHEN? I stepped in at that point when she satrted in on one of our elderly volunteers....I told her if she couldn't be nice, she had to leave and how proud would her son or daughter be if they found out you were kicked out for verbal abuse? What is going on here?


I went over to get my H1N1/flu shot yesterday over at the clinic and there is a big bold sign..."verbal abuse of any kind will not be tolerated". I see these signs posted everywhere, in retail stores, in restaurants, in the clinics...what the hell? Why can't anyone be polite anymore? Why does everyone have to be so angry? Why the chip on the shoulder?

Go get some help. Please!


Ahhh, I feel better now.

1 comment:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

I totally agree!

Ahhhh George