Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, December 14, 2009

The countdown

Well, only one more sleep til Buster gets home and two more sleeps til I see Wilma and Bruno and hop the plane for Vegas.

Actually, as presents go, these three people are pretty fantastic presents to have. I don't really want anything for Christmas. I have it all right here around me.

I will be spending a pre-Christmas with my two best friends and once Christmas does hit, I will be surrounded by a new family and their traditions PLUS heading home to my own.

I am nervous when I go with Buster to his family's get-together. I am not sure what to expect. Are they a loud family? Are they a sit-around-on-the-couch-and-watch-kids-play family? Are they a kitchen table family? Are they a games family? What kind of questions are they going to ask me? Will I be able to answer them all?

My family, well, we eat, play Mexican Train, eat, play Mexican Train, eat, go to church, eat, open presents, eat.....and so on. We are a semi-loud family. We laugh alot.

As the count down to Christmas draws near, I am looking forward to it all, and a new beginning to a new year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is mexican train?

velvis

Fairy Mae said...

Mexican Train is played with dominoes. You need a set with a 12th domino. You each pick up 13 dominoes and whomever gets rid of all their tiles wins, but along the way you can either bugger up the other players or they can do it to you. Its a mean, wicked, but fun game heh, heh, heh!

Ahhhh George