Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Changes.

I remember when I was about four and my mom dropped the babysitter and I off at the new Flintstones' movie at the theater uptown. I had serious abandonment issues when I was little, with "the father" dumping us and plus I was on meds that were not "meshing", so I was not only messed up emotionally, but my drugs were working against me as well.

After mom dropped us off, she had some shopping to do uptown. I knew she would be at the Co-op. The babysitter and I went in, bought tickets, sat down, and she took off her jacket and was about to take off mine, when I went into this "fit". I bolted. I ran out of the movie theater and ran, and ran. Now this is small town Saskatchewan and everybody knew everybody.

I ran, and ran scream crying down the sidewalk, screaming for my mom. My arms were outstretched in front of me and it seemed like I ran forever. My babysitter caught up with me and I was hysterical. She caught me at the corner of the 4-way stop. I remember people just staring at me like I was nuts. I was hollering for my mom and for her not to leave me.

At 37, in my head, I still feel like I am running. Scream crying with my arms out infront of me, not knowing where to go, having no idea on how to get there. I am not sure "where" is.

Lost.

I always feel lost.



I gotta make some changes 'round here.

Today is the day.

2 comments:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

I don't have a childhood memory like yours but the feeling of being lost right now I know all too well.

Hugs
Blue

Queen of Halloween said...

Make friends with yourself! That way you know you can always count on you! We are all our own worst enemy...hang in there...:)

Ahhhh George