Only Child Syndrome

My photo
The fact is this...I am a LATE thirty-something, an only child with one living parent and I hate, by the way, being an only child.

I am a drama queen and I know it, and I love it and I won't change it!

I am finally in a career that I love and I finally found someone special, just for me and my dramatic nature!

I am a horse lover. I love and ride Appaloosa horses.

I am and artsy-farts and love all aspects of the Arts and Culture. I am an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot and love the jewels.

I have a dog who is my four legged baby, her name is Effie and I have another three legged baby and her name is Daisy.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend past

This past weekend was very stressful.

It was a dance festival this weekend and eventhough, we are adequately staffed, it could be better.

Because I am operations and promotions of this joint, I have to be here morning and night to make sure volunteer ushers, or volunteer concession show to help with our FOHouse Managers or our concession staff, and if they dont, then I have to step in. Needless to say, it was a VERY long weekend and this week is not any easier.


The good thing about it all is that I am raking in a TON of overtime! This means the summer off is looking very, very good!


This week I am farm sitting. Grace and Wilmer went to their other house in the mountains, to get it ready to the summer.


It`s nice because I can spend time with the horses and not have to worry about anyone catching me kissing their fuzzy noses, or scratching their ears while I whisper to them, or give them a smooch by the soft part of their eye and tell them that I love them.


Its nice to be able to let them hang out with me while I sit on the ground as they stand above me,(almost like they guard over me) or I will fill the trough with oats, while I have a lawn chair set up in the middle of it reading a book, while they nibble around me. They nibble over my boots, and up my leg, then nose over my lap until they hit the pages of my book. Its calming for me. I welcome it and I miss the daily doses I used to get.


Soon, I keep reminding myself.

Legs and I will have the house built by fall. Things are falling in to place by leaps and bounds since we dumped the log house idea. We had one person, then she had an episode of some sorts and then we were handed off to another person, only having to start all over again, and then in February, we were hit again with another person, who we had to start all over AGAIN with. That was the last straw.


We approached our general contractor who offered to do only the inside as he was not familiar with log houses and the chinking and all the other stuff that came with it. Since we scrapped the whole thing, he agreed to take on the house in its entirety and its now happening so fast, even Legs and I can`t keep up! It`s great!


Now, I am back from lunch, waiting for the CEO`s to arrive for this afternoons hush hush meeting with some oil company.


This evening will be a welcomed free one and you can bet, I will be outside with the horses!

1 comment:

Heidi M. Lindskog said...

I promise that I hate the festival just as much as you do! Honestly, taking pictures in the practice rooms is just stupid! At least for this year it's over!

Ahhhh George